Search Our Site
Attorney Profiles | Who we are!
List All Members | Managing Partner/Owner:
- Markhoff & Mittman, P.C.
- 14 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
- (914) 946-1452
Workers' Compensation Law (State, Federal, Longshore)
Social Secuirty Disabilty
Long Term Disability
Personal Injury and Accidents
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 1994 J.D - Cum Laude, Richardson Merit Scholar
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1991 B.A. Political Science - Cum Laude
Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington, PA, 1987 - National Merit Honor Society
Professional Honors & Activities:
Board of Directors (Westchester County:Peekskill Regional Director)- Injured Workers' Bar Association, see website
Board of Directors - New York Workers Compensation Alliance, see website
Board of Directors - White Plains Bar Association see website
Member - CCLP - The Coalition for Concerned Legal Professionals
Member - New York State Bar Association
Member - White Plains Bar Association
Member - Westchester County Bar Association
Member - Westchester Womens Bar Association
Member - Justice Louis Brandis Legal Foudation
Member - Jewish Lawyers Guild
Member - New York State Trial Lawyers Institiute
Member - New York County Lawyers Associatiom
Member - Mt. Vernon Bar Association
Instittute for Jewish Humanities - Attorney of the Year 2006
Presentations & Speeches:
- Faculty Member, Lawline - As a faculty member and lecturer, Brian Mittman is the author and presenter of numerous continuing education courses.
-The 2008 Streamlined Docket "Rocket Docket" Regulations - An Overview - Presented at the Injured Workers Bar Association Fall 2008 Albancy CLE Conference
- New York State Workers Compensation Law Update/Recent Changes, November 18, 2008 - Bronx County Bar Association
-The Basics of Workers' Compensation 2007 - Lorman Education CLE series
-The Basics of Workers; Compensation 2008 - Lorman Education CLE series
-What you Ned to Know about the 2007 Workers Compensation Law Sept 18 2007 - Westchester County Bar Association CLE
- The Basics of Workers Compensation 2009 - Lorman Education CLE series
As part of my involvement both in the industry and my community, I've been interviewed and quoted in a variety of publications. You can view some of these articles by clicking on the links below.
What's Covered by Umbrella Insurance?
Homeowners can better guard against liability claims by understanding what’s covered by umbrella insurance and, equally important, what isn’t.
Outside of the office I coach multiple teams for my children including basketball, baseball and soccer. I also am an advid ice hockey player and I skate for two teams througout the year and encourage anyone to start in the wonderful beginner/adult program offered by Hockey North America!
Download a Publication:
New York State Workers’ Compensation
- Power Point Presentation on the New York State Streamlined Docket Regulations - the Rocket Docket Explained
- How much can you be reimbursed for mileage in Workers' Compensation case in New York?
- Six Easy Steps to Protect Your Right to Continue to Receive New York Workers Compensation Benefits
VIDEO SERIES: What is Workers' Compensation?
- What is the basic idea of Workers' Compensation? New York Disability Attorney Brian Mittman explains!
- What kinds of benefits can you receive from workers' compensation?
- The Workers' Compensation Hearing Process (Part 2)
- How does an appeal work in workers' compensation?
- More about attorney's fees! Where does this money come from?
Attorney "Of Interest"